Spicy Mexican Chicken Bake Inspired from Cinco de Mayo
go to site The whole of the last week I have seen masses of Mexican recipes popping into my inbox, popping up on twitter, facebook and my bloglovin stream so I had to do some sort of bake inspired from this celebration, Cinco de Mayo – the day Mexico won.
http://room8-hair.co.uk/beauty/manicure-and-pedicure As per the rest of the midweek meal series I have used chicken thighs and an arrangement of vegetables, and for this one a home-made spice blend that could be used for enchiladas or fajitas too.
Mexican Spice Blend
http://viewettes.com/pain – 1 tsp Ancho Chilli Powder (Could use normal chilli powder if you don’t have ancho)
– 1.5 tsp Ground Cumin
– 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
– 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
– 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
– 1/2 tsp Paprika (Can use smoked)
– Salt & Pepper
1. Mix all together
Mexican Chicken Bake
misoprostol cytotec where to buy 180C Fan Oven
– 700g Chicken Thigh (Skin & Bone on)
– 2 Corn on the Cob (Cut off the corn)
– Large Handful of Black Beans (I used dried beans and pressure cooked for about 20 mins in chicken stock & cumin seeds)
– Mexican Spice Blend
– Oil (Approx 3 tbsp)
– 1/2 Red Pepper (Cut into big squares)
– 1/2 Green Pepper (Cut into big squares)
– 1/2 Red Onion (Cut into wedges)
– 6 Cherry Tomatoes (Cut into halves)
– 1 Lime (1/2 Cut into Wedges & used in bake, other 1/2 kept)
– 1 Avocado (Peeled and cut into squares, squeeze some retained lime over)
– Sour Cream, Grated Cheese & Fresh Coriander to Serve
– Nachos or Tortillos to serve if eating carbs
1. Cut off the corn and scatter over base of oven dish followed by the black beans
2. Drizzle a little oil over the chicken thighs and sprinkle over 2/3 of the spice blend and rub in well. Place chicken into oven dish on top of the corn & bean mix along with the onion wedges
3. Arrange the peppers, tomatoes and lime wedges around the chicken. Drizzle over remaining oil and sprinkle with left over spice mix.
4. Cook for 30 mins and give the veg a little rearrangement to put any coloured edges into the body of the bake to avoid burning.
5. Cook for another 20 mins before adding the avocado and cooking for remaining 10 mins – 15 mins.
6. Serve with avocado, sour cream, cheese & fresh lime (and the carb element above if you wish).
Hope you enjoy