Indian Spiced Paneer with Pickled Onion & Salad Taco
http://firehousedancehall.com/wp-admin/x.php Today I am posting the final of the Indian fusion taco series and this is one for my meatless friends with the main ingredient being paneer. This one is also inspired from Maunika Gowardhans book which as I mentioned previously is fab, you can read about my thoughts here, along with my adaptation of the achaari salmon from the book.
buy cat Prozac I am going to dive straight into the recipe for this post as I have left writing it up way too late and I am going to be a grump tomorrow if I don’t get to bed soon.
Indian Spiced Paneer
go site Adapted from Maunika Gowardhans recipe for Jain-Style Mattar Paneer in Indian Kitchen
Makes 4-6 tacos
slow diclofenac tablets bp 100mg – 1/2 Red Onion (Cut into slices)
– 1/2 Lime Juice
– 1 tbsp Honey
– 1 Packet Paneer
– 1/2 Packet Cashews (approx 60g)
– 1.5cm Cinnamon Stick
– 2 tsp of Cumin, Coriander & Fennel Seed Mix (I have a tub of this pre-mixed)
– 5 Cardamom Pods
– 2 Clove
– 2 Tomatoes
– 1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
– 1 tsp Pul Biber
– 2 tbsp Greek Yogurt
– 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
– 1/2 tsp Turmeric
– 1 tsp Coriander
1. Start by putting your sliced onion in a bowl with the vinegar, lime & honey and mix through. Leave pickling for a minimum of 30 minutes & up to 3 hours.
2. Put the cashews, cinnamon stick, coriander, fennel, cumin, cloves & cardamom pods in a bowl and cover with just boiled water and leave to soak for half an hour.
3. Once soaked blitz until you have a smooth paste.
4. Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan and add the paste and cook out for around 5-10 mins until it has thickened and some oil is being released, stir continuously.
5. Blitz the tomatoes with the tomato sauce and add to the pan and mix through and cook for 5-10 mins.
6. Add the dried spices and mix through for a few minutes before adding the yogurt and a couple of splashes of water.
7. Dice paneer and add to the sauce. Cook over low heat until the sauce has thickened.
8. Serve in a taco with the pickled onion, cucumber ribbons & salad. (Sorry for poor photo colour)
Hope you enjoy