Baked Teriyaki Aubergine Wedges for National Vegetarian Week
Happy humpday everyone, have you been embracing national vegetarian week? This is a really quick vegetarian midweek meal post as I have been on the go since 6am this morning and I am bursting to go to bed to be totally honest and I am starting to get in a bad mood – not sure if that happens to any of you but I am a total ogre when I am tired.
So I won’t chat any more and just go straight into the recipe. It was quite yummy but I would maybe reduce the sauce a little on the hob before pouring over the aubergine next time to try and get a stickier sauce.
Teriyaki Aubergine Bake
Preheat oven to 180C
– 2 Aubergines (Cut top off & wedge)
– 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
– 1 tbsp Graated Ginger
– 2 Cloves Garlic
– Pinch of Chilli Flakes
– 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
– 4 tbsp Mirin
– 3 tbsp Honey
– 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
– 1 tbsp Worcester Sauce
– 1 tbsp Kecap Manis
– 1 Lime (Juice)
– 1 tsp Cornflour
– 1/2 cup Water
– 1/2 Broccoli (Small florets)
– Half Cauliflower (Grated to serve as rice alternative)
1. Make your teriyaki sauce by gently frying the garlic & ginger in the sesame oil before adding all of the liquids and bring it up to a slow simmer. Mix the cornflour with a little cold water and add to the mixture. Cook for around 5 mins gently simmering.
2. Put the wedges of aubergine into oven tray and pour over sauce & oven for around 40 mins. Check every 10 mins and coat the aubergine in the sauce.
3. Pre-blanch the broccoli and add to the oven tray for 10-20 minutes until glossy with the sauce and serve with cauli-rice
Hope you like my vegetarian midweek bake especially for national vegetarian week.