Roasted Vegetables Roasted with Forage Wild Garlic Pesto & Hazelnuts
follow url Yesterday I posted a selection of photos from a walk along the River Almond Walkway. The whole way along the walk there is a slightly overwhelming aroma of fresh garlic from the shear amount of wild garlic that there is growing there so I had to take advantage of the abundance of the plant and picked a bunch of leaves and flowers on our way home.
http://kellyscasuals.com/wp-content/themes/Kellys I fancied making something really easy and versatile so I went for a take on a pesto with the wild garlic in replacement to the basil leaves and decided to use hazelnuts instead of pinenuts. I had this wild garlic pesto with roasted vegetables as per the recipe below and also with a tomato & mozzarella salad.
http://trinityhpastor.org/category/bible-study/natural-and-divine-law/ You could also use it for coating courgette noodles (or wheat pasta if you eat it), as a dip for vegetable bites mixed with cream cheese or within an omelette like this or top a piece of fish with it and bake. So many options.
Wild Garlic Pesto
Make your pesto first (More that enough for the veg and either a salad or a dip)
– Handful of Wild Garlic Leaves (Smaller leaves are not quite as strong in flavour)
– Handful of Hazelnuts (Dry fry to add roasted hints and leave to cool)
– Chunk of Italian Hard Cheese (Parmesan is best if you are not vegetarian)
– Loads of Ground Pepper
– Good Glug of Olive oil
– Squeeze of Fresh Lemon
1. Add all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth. Taste and season if required.
Pre-heat oven 200C
– 1 Courgette (Cut into half moons)
– 1 Pepper (Cut into cubes)
– 1 Small Aubergine (Cut into cubes)
– 1 Onion (Peeled & Wedged, leave the base on)
– Salt & Pepper
1. Prep all of your veg. Toss in oil. Roast at 200C until coloured. Toss in wild garlic pesto & cook for further 5 mins. Serve.
This may not be the prettiest of dishes but it totally delivers on flavour and punch and of course you can change the vegetables to your taste.
Hope you enjoy and if you make the wild garlic pesto but use it with something else, please post a comment.